
I never was a person that really believed in God and I am still not. I believe that someone's watching us, but I don't think that it is something like "a God". I believe, that people that die (people that we loved and loved us back) keep looking at us and try to help us on our way.
As I am a Portugueses' son, I live in a very religious family and so I don't really fit into the mold, but everyone started to deal with it and it's not a big problem for my family anymore.
But still... when I had a test at school or something important to do, I asked my mother to light up a candle, because for me it was something like a ritual that would give me some luck on my tasks.
On Saturday I went partying with some friends and around 6 a.m. I was rubbed. I went outside with a guy and then a couple of men (don't remember exactly how much they were, because I was in such a shock) and took away my bag. What was in it? My purse (with all of my documents and a couple of things that were very important for me), sunglasses, a jacket, my D&G perfume, a pair of high-heels from Vera (my roommate), keys, cigarettes and some other non important things (like a lighter,...). As I was in such a shock I started to run after them, but what should I do by myself? How could I catch the guy with my bag, when two guys were trying to stand in my way? I was very lucky, because they didn't hurt me physically. I mean... they could have had a knife with them or something like that and they didn't cause me any harm.
I went home and when I arrived I wasn't able to do anything else than to cry. I'm not someone that cries a lot, but when I start, I'm not able to stop and I'm always close to a mental breakdown (not being able to breathe nor being able to stop crying ...). I cancelled my bank cards and called my parents and my sister. Horrible day...
Yesterday I asked my mother to pray to Saint Anthony. Everytime she loses something she does that and most of the times it appears. As I said... I'm not somebody, that believes in "praying" and stuff like that, but I wanted to give it a try. [I even prayed in bed by myself.]
I wanted to go to the public authorities on Monday morning, but I decided to wait one more day to see if anything happens. [I was pretty sure about that nothing would appear. I even went to the place again on Sunday afternoon and didn't find anything.] So I went to work and was able to distract from that situation. This was the best I could have done! I was almost dying, because I only slept for two hours on the night from Saturday to Sunday, but I tried my best, to do everything in a fine way. After work I went home and got a phone call from a woman saying that she found my wallet and my keys. I was feeling like the luckiest person on earth! So I went to meet her and she gave me the things. Unfortunately a couple of things that mattered to me were missing, but at least I got the most important documents again. And yes... I went to the church to thank Saint Anthony, because I believe, that something transcendental helped me to find it. The woman told me that I was very lucky, because she only noticed, that the wallet was fixed unto her windscreen wiper after driving 100 km (!!!!) on the highway.
I was lucky and I thank everyone that prayed for me and yes! I thank Saint Anthony. And yes! I guess he's deserving some prayers from me. Obrigado Santo António.
Ainda que tenhas tido azar, fico "feliz" por não te terem magoado. Não imagino o que seria perder um amigo como tu :(
ReplyDelete