I always thought about death. Not only because I have this artistic side and us artists always say that it is this little melancholy that makes us write the good songs. I'm Portuguese, so it is in my genes and it is my destiny ("o meu fado") to be a little depressive.
Since I was little I was fascinated by the death and figured out how people might feel when I die. I always wanted them to cry and to miss me. I know that people would miss me, because fortunately I have some people that really love me.
I also think that specially those people won't like this post that much, but nevertheless this is something I always wanted to write about:
My funeral.
Why should someone plan this, if I can do it on my own while I'm still alive?
I think that this is so much easier and nobody could plan a better funeral for myself than I can.
So when I die [I believe I will die early and somehow I don't want a "normal death"... for me as an artist I want it to be "the end of my show"... something spectacular.] I want that my body gets cremated. I don't want to think that when I pass away some little insects are feeding themselves from my organs. That's just disgusting... my body got to go on it's own. Not slowly... piece by piece.
En plus... I don't want too many people attending that part of my funeral. I don't even know If I want anyone to attend this. They might just burn everything down without audience. Somehow that is the process of "the artist dressing up". Nobody should see that! What they are paying for is the show, right? Not to see how the make up is done. That way everyone could look behind the mask.
While I am being cremated I want that people are sitting inside of a chapel, looking at a picture of me which is next to a lot of flowers and that they listen to the song "Gnossienne No. 1" by Erik Satie. This song means a lot to me and in some way I see the death in it. Not only the death as a happening, but also the dead people that still are present on this world... in some way. Ghosts or something...
[I could have chosen a MILLION songs, but this one fits very well -> listening to "The Piano" by PJ Harvey at the moment... would be great too, but this song is one I want people to listen alone at home while they think of me.]
Everyone knows that I don't like the church. Even though my whole family is catholic, I am against that form of believing, so I don't want any form of a mass or a priest at my funeral.
I want it to be a silent funeral. The only thing that should be making a sound is the music.
I want that they put my ashes into a black recipient - no urn! That's too cliché. Something like a box works. A black box made of wood or something.
People shall wear beautiful clothes and beautiful make up. I want everyone to look beautiful, because I tried to look as beautiful as possible in my life. People shall try to be a little bit of me that day.
I want a beautiful graveyard. Don't know which one, to be honest... it just might look very melancholic. I want the person that loved me the most to take the box in his/her hands while everyone is walking behind that person. It would be perfect if it would be a clouded day. No sun at all! That would destroy the mood.
I want everyone to carry a red rose. That rose shall be thrown into the grave. Even though I want to get cremated, it doesn't mean that I don't want to get buried. I want a grave with a beautiful memorial.
I can't understand how someone wants to get the ashes thrown into the sea or something like that. I need one place with a memorial where people can go to mourn.
The moment that my ashes are put to rest, I want everyone to throw their rose into the grave. Everyone by himself. I don't want five people throwing in their roses at the same time. Each person needs to take some time to say goodbye to me. There shall be no "fast goodbyes".
At the end when everyone has thrown their rose into the grave, I want my parents and sister (I want to die before them) to free a white dove as a symbol of the liberation of my soul. They gave life to me, they shall gave "life" to my soul, too.
May I rest in peace.
Since I was little I was fascinated by the death and figured out how people might feel when I die. I always wanted them to cry and to miss me. I know that people would miss me, because fortunately I have some people that really love me.
I also think that specially those people won't like this post that much, but nevertheless this is something I always wanted to write about:
My funeral.
Why should someone plan this, if I can do it on my own while I'm still alive?
I think that this is so much easier and nobody could plan a better funeral for myself than I can.
So when I die [I believe I will die early and somehow I don't want a "normal death"... for me as an artist I want it to be "the end of my show"... something spectacular.] I want that my body gets cremated. I don't want to think that when I pass away some little insects are feeding themselves from my organs. That's just disgusting... my body got to go on it's own. Not slowly... piece by piece.
En plus... I don't want too many people attending that part of my funeral. I don't even know If I want anyone to attend this. They might just burn everything down without audience. Somehow that is the process of "the artist dressing up". Nobody should see that! What they are paying for is the show, right? Not to see how the make up is done. That way everyone could look behind the mask.
While I am being cremated I want that people are sitting inside of a chapel, looking at a picture of me which is next to a lot of flowers and that they listen to the song "Gnossienne No. 1" by Erik Satie. This song means a lot to me and in some way I see the death in it. Not only the death as a happening, but also the dead people that still are present on this world... in some way. Ghosts or something...
[I could have chosen a MILLION songs, but this one fits very well -> listening to "The Piano" by PJ Harvey at the moment... would be great too, but this song is one I want people to listen alone at home while they think of me.]
Everyone knows that I don't like the church. Even though my whole family is catholic, I am against that form of believing, so I don't want any form of a mass or a priest at my funeral.
I want it to be a silent funeral. The only thing that should be making a sound is the music.
I want that they put my ashes into a black recipient - no urn! That's too cliché. Something like a box works. A black box made of wood or something.
People shall wear beautiful clothes and beautiful make up. I want everyone to look beautiful, because I tried to look as beautiful as possible in my life. People shall try to be a little bit of me that day.
I want a beautiful graveyard. Don't know which one, to be honest... it just might look very melancholic. I want the person that loved me the most to take the box in his/her hands while everyone is walking behind that person. It would be perfect if it would be a clouded day. No sun at all! That would destroy the mood.
I want everyone to carry a red rose. That rose shall be thrown into the grave. Even though I want to get cremated, it doesn't mean that I don't want to get buried. I want a grave with a beautiful memorial.
I can't understand how someone wants to get the ashes thrown into the sea or something like that. I need one place with a memorial where people can go to mourn.
The moment that my ashes are put to rest, I want everyone to throw their rose into the grave. Everyone by himself. I don't want five people throwing in their roses at the same time. Each person needs to take some time to say goodbye to me. There shall be no "fast goodbyes".
At the end when everyone has thrown their rose into the grave, I want my parents and sister (I want to die before them) to free a white dove as a symbol of the liberation of my soul. They gave life to me, they shall gave "life" to my soul, too.
May I rest in peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment