The greatest songs and the greatest movies ever made are about love. I think that it is wonderful to watch those movies and to listen to those songs and to "fall in love" with "their lovestories". Don't we all imagine to be saved out of our shity lives and to be taken to a hotel by a man like Edward Lewis? Yes, we do. And why? Because we watched Pretty Woman when we were little. And because we loved the marriage of XY with Z. The dress was SOOOO beautiful!
FUCK IT! Is it a lie? Is it all just a mechanism of society and the media? Is love a fantasy or is it reality?
People say that we can't live without love, but in fact the only thing we need to live is air and water. NOTHING ELSE. We don't need love, even if it is "the greatest thing you'll ever learn".
I haven't been in love for a long time and it looks as if I'm still alive.
I know that at my age it's quite hard to say that I don't need love, because this might change (at least it's what people say) and I also realised that I feel "the need for a relationship". But honestly I get crazy when I see that people who get out of a relationship can't handle that situation for a couple of weeks and jump into another one. I also hate it when people cry all the time because of being single. It's nice to be in a relationship [not only because of the daily sex you get] because you can get home and someone is waiting for you. Someone is there to love you and to listen to you whenever you're not feeling well.
But honestly why do we love? Because we meet someone and that person makes us feel happy? Because that person is beautiful? Because we get shivers evertime we hear his/her voice? Bla bla bla? Maybe it's just bla bla bla. Maybe it's not. Maybe we just want to get laid. Maybe we just feel unhappy with ourself and don't like to be lonely.
Sex is something we can get everywhere. We can go to the internet and we'll get a 1000 of dating pages where you can get your perfect sexdate or fuckbuddy. It's so easy. No presents. No going out for dinner. No "getting-to-know-each-others". Only sex. Orgasm. Bye. Easy way to fulfill your needs. Without heartaches and promises.
But does that make us happy? Sometimes we get happy acting this way, but it always depends on the person that is only fucking. Honestly I never had sex when I was in love, so I don't know what it is to "make love". I only know "fucking". Sad, isn't it? Maybe it is. Maybe everything could have been better. But well... I had fun, didn't I?
I have fun having sex, but I feel pain breaking up with someone. So why do we do this to ourselves? Why do we allow ourselves to fall in love if we know that it's going to end and that we are going to hurt eachother? Isn't the end of a lovestory something we can compare to the suicide of our hearts?
OMG... how I hate this subject. I should just shut up, because I am the last person that should talk about this!
FUCK IT! Is it a lie? Is it all just a mechanism of society and the media? Is love a fantasy or is it reality?
People say that we can't live without love, but in fact the only thing we need to live is air and water. NOTHING ELSE. We don't need love, even if it is "the greatest thing you'll ever learn".
I haven't been in love for a long time and it looks as if I'm still alive.
I know that at my age it's quite hard to say that I don't need love, because this might change (at least it's what people say) and I also realised that I feel "the need for a relationship". But honestly I get crazy when I see that people who get out of a relationship can't handle that situation for a couple of weeks and jump into another one. I also hate it when people cry all the time because of being single. It's nice to be in a relationship [not only because of the daily sex you get] because you can get home and someone is waiting for you. Someone is there to love you and to listen to you whenever you're not feeling well.
But honestly why do we love? Because we meet someone and that person makes us feel happy? Because that person is beautiful? Because we get shivers evertime we hear his/her voice? Bla bla bla? Maybe it's just bla bla bla. Maybe it's not. Maybe we just want to get laid. Maybe we just feel unhappy with ourself and don't like to be lonely.
Sex is something we can get everywhere. We can go to the internet and we'll get a 1000 of dating pages where you can get your perfect sexdate or fuckbuddy. It's so easy. No presents. No going out for dinner. No "getting-to-know-each-others". Only sex. Orgasm. Bye. Easy way to fulfill your needs. Without heartaches and promises.
But does that make us happy? Sometimes we get happy acting this way, but it always depends on the person that is only fucking. Honestly I never had sex when I was in love, so I don't know what it is to "make love". I only know "fucking". Sad, isn't it? Maybe it is. Maybe everything could have been better. But well... I had fun, didn't I?
I have fun having sex, but I feel pain breaking up with someone. So why do we do this to ourselves? Why do we allow ourselves to fall in love if we know that it's going to end and that we are going to hurt eachother? Isn't the end of a lovestory something we can compare to the suicide of our hearts?
OMG... how I hate this subject. I should just shut up, because I am the last person that should talk about this!
you don't need water and air to live. you need those to survive. to live you need a lot more than that.
ReplyDeletebut you don't need love to be happy. actually if your happiness depends in you having someone to love than my dear sorry you're fucked. and not in that nice way.
the biggest problem these days is that people don't know how to be happy by themselves, they dont know how to be independent and function without someone.
we should all know how to be happy that way. and THEN after you know how to be happy by yourself by living your life in your own way and not needing anyone, you can be happy by sharing your life with someone. loving someone is not about being happy, it's about having someone really important to share your happiness with, it's about making another person happy. looks like loving is an act of sharing. and lately everyone just tries to take so much out of love " i need you to do this, i want you to go here, give me this, make that..." there's such a lack of balance...
i think love can be a great thing, the cherry on top of the happiness cake, the last part of living life to the fullest. but only when we're ready to live it.
i dunno... love is scary, it's about letting yourself be completely vulnerable to someone else and i just made a rant about this so probably ill come here in a day and not agree with something but.. love is grand, it's everyone's dream. so i guess it has something really good in it.
Diese Gedanken hatte ich in nach meiner Trennung auch...aber es gibt einfach keine Antworten...
ReplyDeleteAlex, tens uma ideia tão errada do amor. Falas dele como se fosse uma coisa horrível. O que o amor te faz, os efeitos q ele tem em ti, depende da forma como lidas com ele e como te sentes contigo proprio. amor não significa dependencia, pelo menos o verdadeiro. amor não significa que não te divirtas. amor nao significa que te vas suicidar se eventualmente acabar. não precisamos de amor para viver e algumas pessoas nem precisam dele para ser felizes, mas sabes, a maioria sim. talvez fales assim com tanta amargura e revolta porque nunca o sentiste mesmo. tal como disseste, nunca tiveste o "love-making", aquele que nem importa se tas a sentir prazer ou não, aquele q nao importa se atinges o orgasmo ou nao, mas sim aquele que estas ali a sentir-te o maior do mundo porque estás com uma pessoa que te completa de tal forma... entendo o que dizes, por um lado, já pensei assim, já tive fuckbuddys, já fui contra relações sérias e compromissos, e diverti-me, até que me apaixonei. e quando me apaixonei, bem, esse sentimento é tão forte que quase deixas de ser racional (e sei o que tas a pensar, mas não ser racional em algumas coisas da nossa vida, é bom, já que somos racionais e pensamos tanto em tudo o resto e andamos sempre preocupados, então pelo menos sabes que há alguma coisa na tua vida que não importa pensar, simplesmente deixas correr, como o amor), deixas de te importar com o que significa, com o "para quê", "porquê", "para que serve", "e quando acabarmos"... isso deixa tudo de importar e é uma sensação super libertadora.
ReplyDeletenão te sei explicar porque é uma coisa que simplesmente se sente. mas nunca me arrependi de ter amado alguém, mesmo que tenha corrido mal e que tenhamos acabado, e não fiquei com medos e com merdas só porque já sofri no passado, sempre que me apaixono dou 100% de mim e é das sensações que mais me satisfaz, é atirar-me de cabeça sem ter medo e sem me preocupar com o futuro, com as causas e com os efeitos. :)
beijinhos