Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Falling in love

Love. What a word...
Sometimes it happens through a look. Sometimes it happens through a kiss. Sometimes through a long-term relationship. 
But why? Why love? Why do we love? And most important of all: why does it hurt that much? 
Why does it hurt to wait for love? Why does it hurt when someone doesn't love? 
Sometimes we wait for someone we are in love with and when we get what we want our feelings are gone. Other times we can be happy, because the person we love loves us back and when get into a state of perfection and happiness. 
I love chocolate. And when I eat chocolate I feel good. I love its intense taste. So I prefer the dark ones. But when I eat too much chocolate. I feel bad, because it's not healthy to eat too much of the delicious candy. I feel bad, because it makes us fat... 
So how's love compared to chocolate? Does too much love makes us fat? Wasn't the break-up the reason which makes us eat more because of the frustration? 
I'm not talking about getting fat of love. I'm only saying that too much love can make us sick. And if we do not even know if we love then too much of this, can be bad for us and we can get into a state of defense, which is bad because it makes us run away from our feelings. In that case we don't even try to understand what we are feeling. We only try to take it away from us, because we don't want to think about it. 
What can happen with love in this case? 
1) It can go away, because we "forget about it". We do things, so we don't need to reflect about our feelings. We start a new life. We meet other people. 
2) It can grow. Because the moment we see that person again our heart starts to beat faster and we realize (out of a sudden moment) that we really are in love. 

So... love. How should we handle this strange "falling in love"? 
I guess I'll just think about it while eating a bit of chocolate. 

1 comment:

  1. What to do when love hits you in the head? That really is the question, right? Either you fight for it knowing that, in the end you might hurt yourself a little bit more or you let it go, hoping the other person wants to fight for you. What is your choice? :)

    ReplyDelete

past thoughts...