Saturday, March 20, 2010

Talking about ... MARRIAGE


Now I could start this posting by saying that people take the decision to marry way too easily, because it can end up in a divorce. Point. This is what everyone is saying, because this is it. 
What I want to show is that today people marry way too easily BECAUSE it is so easy to break it up. If it wasn't most of the people that are married nowadays wouldn't be married. 
Sure it is about love and people want to stay together for the rest of their lives but I think that this is way too exagerated, because in my opinion only few people think about the E-T-E-R-N-I-T-Y of living. To be together FOREVER. Ways can be separated, isn't it? If it doesn't work... welcome to the divorce. 

Why should I pay so much money for the wedding? To show how much I love a person? 
In my opinion there are much better ways to do it. IMHO I think it's in every kiss, in every look, in every moment you are together. You don't have to marry to certificate that you love each other. This is silly... really. IMHO, it is. 

Should I marry because it makes "family life" "easier"? 
Taxes, household and other things may get easier to handle. Less "paperwork" and stuff may occur. To visit your partner in an emergency at the hospital will get easier because you are her/his husband/wife and not only a (random) partner. For me, THIS is a reason. Life may get easier to handle. Less problems will occur (and others may come). Sounds pretty understandable. 

Marrying out of a "oh-how-about-a-marriage-tomorrow"-mood? 
Haha! We know where this may end. Britney Spears anyone? 

What about a marriage because of being pregnant? 
A lot of people might think that this is necessary, that this is respectable and understandable. I don't. In todays' society there might still be people who think that an unmarried woman with a child is something to talk about and that it is unnatural. Some may say she's "going to hell". I can say this, because I live in a very small town where people LOVE to talk about everything that is not going on in their own lives. I know a girl that isn't even sure about who the father is and she is not married at all. She is raising her child in the most normal way and that kid is way too amazing :] -> for me: no. really. no. in some cases the parents don't even feel anything for each others. 

How about a marriage, because it is just a tradition or because it is just one of those childhood dreams of every girl (and sometimes boy, too)? 
Yes! This is a do. (for me.) If I would marry it would be only because of this. Because I just love the ceremony and because I love kitsch. I would love to have a big wedding with people dressed beautifully, romantic music and champagne and so much more and even more and glitter and gold :] I love this kind of stuff and I wouldn't mind to marry in the same church that my parents and my sister got married. But come on? I don't like the church. So I will end up marrying in some pseudo-futuristic gothbar or something like that. But believe me! This will be the most romantic gothbar-marriage EVER! 

Now really. Let's bring it to the point... Discussions about presents that were too expensive? Being in a bad-mood because you don't have sex? Agonising bearing of someone because you have kids? I mean - there are so many people that have kids and aren't married and their life couldn't be better. Maybe sometimes it would be easier to have someone next to you, but sometimes it's not.
People just take the divorce too easy nowadays. They don't fight for their relationships anymore. A fight? Divorce. No sex? Divorce. Why should I take the stress for granted? Because I am married? Why should I fight with someone? Because you are married! And a marriage might be strong. A marriage should be FOREVER and E-T-E-R-N-A-L-L-Y. If it's not, it's not a marriage. And by getting married you are resposible for that marriage. You have to fight for it, even in the hardest cases and discussions. 
My point is just, that today it is way too easy to get married and even MORE EASIER (I know that this is grammaticaly wrong, but I just wanted to exagerate on this point) to take the divorce. So why not? Why not marry? Why not live together without getting married? 
As I said... If I get married, it's because I love the movies "Pretty Woman", "Titanic" and Co. Not because I want to show someone how much he/she means to me. In that case I may write a song or do something similarly romantic. 
Now I can end this posting by saying that people take the decision to marry way too easily, because it can end up in a divorce. It is. Yes, it is. 


2 comments:

  1. as pessoas casam-se porque estão apaixonadas. e quando estão apaixonadas, pensam que querem e conseguem ficar com essa pessoa para a ETERNIDADE. o problema dos divórcios é que, depois da paixão desaparecer, fica somente o amor, vmuitas vezes inexistente e confundido com paixão. não existindo amor, a única coisa que resta que pode manter um casal unido é, na realidade, a amizade e o companheirismo. é aqui que a coisa falha. não há amizade, não há companheirismo, não há amor, e se nem os filhos muitas vezes conseguem manter um casamento, quanto mais a susposta "amizade" que tem de haver entre duas pessoas que se casam. daí os divórcios. se as pessoas, quando se casassem, pensassem menos na paixão e pensassem mais a longo prazo - se conseguem, de facto, conviver com essa pessoa até ao fim da vida mesmo quando a paixão desaparecer e, sobretudo, não desistir à primeira dificuldade - haveria decerto menos divórcios. infelizmente, hoje em dia é tudo demasiado fácil. casas-te e separas-te, engravidas e abortas, como se fosses tomar um café. é por isso que eu não vejo o casamento como uma possibilidade na minha vida. porque o encaro como algo demasiadamente sério e não me vejo, sinceramente, a conviver com a mesma pessoa até ao resto dos meus dias. e é isso que o casamento significa: eternidade.

    desculpa o testamento e adorei a tua musiquinha no player ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eu penso que se as pessoas já estão a pensar no divórcio, então mais vale não se casarem. POde acontecer as coisas não correrem bem e acabar em divórcio, mas casarem-se já a pensar que "ah e tal se não correr bem divorcio-me". Acho que não é esse o espírito da coisa.

    ReplyDelete

past thoughts...